Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday 5 - things I hate about diabetes




**In Betsey's words - 5 things she hates about diabetes:


There are so many things to hate about diabetes. I'm going to list 5. There's more than 5, but for right now I'm just doing 5:



  1. I hate to test. It annoys me. Especially because i have to do it 7 times a day!

  2. I don't like when I have to count out the serving size for everything. I always am the last one finishing.

  3. I hate having ketones. I get shaky, sick, and a little tired. Oh, and very thirsty!

  4. I don't like being high at dinner or lunch. I don't because then I can't have dessert. I'm the only one sitting at the table watching everyone slurp down their ice cream or munch on their cookies!

  5. Last, but not least, I absolutely, positively HATE when people ask all those silly questions! "Is that a phone?", "Does that hurt?", "Can you have cake & ice cream?"

2 comments:

  1. I never knew about diabetes could be so annoying, until now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a true star betsey! soo strong, beautiful, brilliant, loving, wonderful, positive...you keep fighting - and i will too! i like you always but love you forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete