Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

Every time we get a donation for the JDRF Ride for Betsey, I get an email notifying me that I have received one, and that we are "that much closer to raising 4.5 million to find a cure." It's great. I love seeing the "To" field say ride at jdrf dot org because I know it's a donation. I log on every now and then and see comments left by the generous friends of Betsey. It's very sweet and thoughtful, and very much appreciated. Touches me every time.

I have surpassed my $3000 goal - thank you very much! I am beyond excited and Betsey can't believe it! Every extra that comes in now is icing on the cake; extra funds going towards research to find a cure! Always a good thing. If you know me, you know I like to have my cake and eat it to, so this is just parfait!

Today, I received notification of another donation. This one tops them all. This one makes me tingle inside and out, and makes me love the way children just can be so unconditionally supportive, and their generosity without ulterior motives is so caring.

Betsey's friend from school writes with her own personal donation:

"Hey, I finally did that lemonade stand and *friend* helped too. We raised $70.50 for your donation! So many people just donated and didn't even want any lemonade! Good Luck Mrs. Gometz and Betsey!!!! :) - Felicia"

Felicia - you are a big hearted, lovely young lady and a generous, supportive and beautiful friend! You are the sweetest thing! Thank you so very much honey! On mile 70, I will ride with you on my back! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment