Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day Off

I am craving a day off! My body is tight and tired. This morning's run was in great weather, a great pace for 8 miles -- Thank you Maureen, Jen and Aim! You girls are always great to run with! But those last 3 miles after the quick stop for Gatorade, shot bloks and water (thanks M for offering to bring brownies next week!) was a l-o-o-o-n-g 3 miles! My legs were on auto-pilot at that point and it took some serious Beyonce to keep me going. I actually forwarded to one of her boppy songs to be able to keep my feet pounding the pavement. Then Amy informs us we skipped out on a few tenths of a mile because we turned before we should have -- are you kidding me? She wants me to run another few tenths of a mile at that point and there's not even like a donut waiting for me in my car?! I couldn't even do wave-my-arms-and-dance thing, I was so tired. Though not as tired as yesterday.
This weeks training plan focuses on swimming for 6 days, throwing in a run here and a bike there. But miles and miles of swimming. I think I'm going to find those free yoga pod casts and do some serious stretching during the day, in my free time. I'd love to get some gals together and do it with them for a good time -- lap top on the floor for the podcast while we all hover around the floor on our mats, bare feet and all... I can hear the session already - between Amy's extra vegetables lately, and my regular diet, I betcha even Jen might make some noise.... I couldn't do it. Seriously. Yoga is something I must do on my own. In the privacy of my own home. I gotta hand it to those who can do it in a room with others. Really. I don't think I'd last 5 minutes. I liken the case of the giggles I'd get to those I get when I'm pregnant -- it's uncontrollable, ridiculously painful when I finally stop and terribly exhausting. The trick will be to get the littles that are home with me to watch quietly and not ask questions while I attempt the poses. (Not this one...) (pic from sunandmoonstudio.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment